I am taking a chance. I am taking a chance that if you come upon my writings then it is because you are supposed to…and I am taking a chance that if you read my posts regularly or if you have read any of them before that you will understand…You will understand that I am seeking. I am a traveler. I am not going anywhere with my body…but I have asked God to enlighten me and lead me to a greater understanding of who He is and what is happening. And He is faithful.
I am taking a chance that as you read this you will shake your head…and you will say, “Yes! That is right!”: I can see it! I feel that way too! That is happening, just as you say! This is true.”
I think that one way to know that a message is from God is that people who love and who are earnestly seeking God will be in agreement. It is not coincidence when the words that we are saying and feeling are the same words and lessons and messages that keep coming to us again and again from reliable sources…sources who have no reason to share their thoughts and visions and beliefs other than they seem so important that they must be shared.
1.We are here…right now…exactly where we are in the place that we are living and working…with the people that we find in our life…because we are supposed to be. We were made for THIS TIME and for this place.
2.This is a time like no other.
Everything is accelerated. Everything is happening faster and faster and there is no chance that it is going to slow down. Something has been put in motion…in my life-time the world has completely changed. But I am still pretty young…
But I am old too…
Paul is the perfect example of never being too old to change or too set in your beliefs to discover that you are wrong.
But what happens next? when we discover that what we are doing isn’t working anymore…that we are stagnant or not growing or that what we believed was wrong…do we change? Do we dump everything out and start all over again?
Paul thought he knew who he was…but he wasn’t who he was meant to be. He was harsh and hate-filled and close-minded and hard-hearted. He was self-righteous and judgmental and highly religious knowing all of the laws lessons and “right” things to do and to say. He was brilliant and he knew it… but he used all that he knew to persecute.
but then something terrible and wonderful happened. He had encounter with God. He had always been blind, but did not know it…until he was physically struck blind.
Of course he was desperate to see. And when his physical sight was restored, when his physical eyes were able to see again… everything had changed. He had a new vision and a new pair of eyes. He could see God and others and what his mission was…
But he was not ready to talk about it. He had to re-evaluate what he knew and who he had been before
Paul was not yet ready to share his story and talk with anyone about the differences in his heart…his change of heart…No one would have believed him. They would have thought he had gone crazy. How does a man change so drastically overnight? He doesn’t…but he can be changed.
Paul went away for three years. …and realized that before did not matter. and if people thought that he was crazy…he couldn’t help that. He had been given a task…To tell and to go and to meet and to show. Before was passed. Now mattered. And every moment would be another “now” and every place would be another “here”. And every person that he came across was part of the “here and now” moment. And it could not be wasted.
This is what I want to say today…and if you are “tuned in” and paying attention then you already know. Things are getting hot down here. It is not a good time to relax or sleep or take a break from seeking and watching and asking for divine understanding. It is a time that many of us might want to hide away behind fortress/church/ bomb shelter walls…or run away to a deserted island…but that is the LAST thing that we should do. We have been hidden away and made to believe that we are alone for too long already. Do not be closed in …Do not be separated.
I believe in signs…and the following “truths” keep coming to me again and again. I call them “truths” because they speak to my inner-most being…there is an agreement to the words in my soul. …they are words of hope…of faith….of Knowing.
They are words of encouragement.
They are words that tell me clearly that no matter what my circumstance may be, that I can stand firm. That I should face everything that comes to be with confidence that I have strength and that I am capable because I am not alone. My feet are planted when they need to be or marching when they need to be or stamping and trampling when they need to be or climbing or leaping or kicking or sprinting…what ever the occasion calls for I am ready. My face is looking straight ahead. I have protection on my right and left and above me and below me and behind me. I have been provided all that I need to conquer.
So have you.
I am not distracted.
You, Don’t be distracted either.
Think about these things:
1. God can take any bad circumstance and use it for good
2. Time is short.
I don’t know if this means that time for all is short or that our individual time is short. It doesn’t matter. We are living in a world with an accelerated pace. Everything is moving fast and furious. There is much to do and little time to do it. But doing what we need to do is not the same thing as being constantly busy. Killing ourselves is the opposite of what we are supposed to do. We are able to find peace and life regardless of circumstances. Our “job” will be difficult…but a joy
3. The world is swirling around us… churning up and destroying things and people. And while we cannot escape being in the chaos that is the world… and caring and being concerned and doing our best to help… there is a place inside of the chaos that is calm and still. We can find that place and stay in that place and not be caught up in the chaos. It is possible to be in the eye. We can be in a place where we see everything happening but where we are not caught up in it. We can only help those inside if we do not become pulled in.
4. Discovering who God is and not who we have been told He is will bring complete revelation
5. The gifts that we have are powerful… and if we learn to use them the world will be a different place
6. Christians are conflicted. The mixed messages that we receive keeps us constantly doubting…”are we bad or good? I feel bad but if God is in me then I should feel good…so maybe God is not in me. Maybe God does not want me. Maybe God does not love me….What can I do to make God love me? What is enough? I can never do enough…so why try?” Or “I am saved and forgiven of all so I can do anything I want…” What does it really mean to be a follower of Christ?
7. The Church’s focus on the cross instead of the resurrection keeps us from Life
8.God is Abundant. There is more than enough of everything for everyone. Our tendency to compete instead of to cooperate gets in the way of our mission and brings distraction, discord, deception, and death
9. God is everywhere all of the time. He is constantly trying to communicate with us and get our attention. He is ready to help; direct; counsel; enjoy the moment with us; converse with us:prompt us into action; give us the right words to say to others… We have to notice
10. We have another set of eyes that can see clearly. We have to believe that they are there; open them and use them as our first level of vision. They are in our heart.
11. Words mean nothing without action. Jesus never told us what to do with out showing us what to do. Don’t tell people about God…be loving and kind and forgiving and merciful…be present…BE who God is…emulate His characteristics.
12.We MUST recognize that there is the voice in our head that tells us lies about who we are and that tries to convince us that we are incapable, incompetent, unlovable, unworthy, unforgivable; etc.
13. We MUST recognize that we are not captives to anything. We are completely free. We just have to step out of the cage and fly
14. We must “dump out the bucket” of our old beliefs. Some if not most of them are possibly wrong
15. Do not think that seeking to understand God better will make God angry. God sees the heart. He sees the desire of the heart…and a person searching and seeking answers to understand and KNOW God better will please God.
16. If different ways of understanding speak to your heart as truth, do not dismiss them. Consider that New is not bad or scary. We are not denouncing our faith and our beliefs when God provides us with more to consider. Our old coat may have gotten too small.
Faith is a muscle. It will not work properly if it is not stretched and used and fed.Growth is essential.
17. Our house; neighbor hood; town; state; country; continent; planet; galaxy; universe; all of space is too big for us. We can be overwhelmed if we focus on how huge everything is and how small we are. That is the plan of the enemy. To distract us and to scare us and to make us feel small and insignificant and powerless.
All that we need is inside of us. The biggest “thing” resides in us. When we are overwhelmed by the world we must remember : “Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world”. Look at the person in front of you at any given moment. That person is your entire world at that moment. Look at where your feet are stepping. That place is your entire world at that moment. Space and Time are illusions. The only thing that is real is relationship with the God who is in us and relationship with the person or people who are in front of us interacting with us.
God is in us.
We are powerful and gifted and capable.
18. People don’t know and don’t understand who God is…so they do not know who they are and what they are capable of
19. There is a Great Awakening happening. People are beginning to understand who we are and who we are created to be. We are recognizing the lies that we have believed about ourselves and about God that have held us down and kept us blind about who we are and about who God is.
20. As our heart wake up and our ears are opened and our eyes see, we hear God and know that His words are true. He loves us. We begin to see ourselves and others as He sees us. With love.
We begin to forgive ourselves and others. We begin to be merciful to ourselves and others. We begin to believe that we are gifted and capable and good and we can see others that way also.
Our hearts are changing. We are going to see ourselves for who we are…and when we do, our inner and our outer life will change. We will be healed and we will bring healing.
21. As we realize and recognize that we have believed lies…and as we re-evaluate what in our lives are distractions that lead us in the wrong direction and away from understanding God better…and as we hear His voice and see His hand and we walk toward Him ignoring the things that have successfully hidden Him from view or prevented our hearing Him…the enemy will become desperate.
22.We will be bombarded by more and more in a last-ditch effort to keep us swirling in chaos instead of finding calm. Do not give up. Be strong. Hold fast. do not get discouraged. You may be more weary or feel more burdened than ever before. You may have one distraction after another that prevents you from quiet time or prayer time or time with the Bible or with friends who are an encouragement.
23. Trust God. He is good.
24.Trust that God will provide in every circumstance. It may not be how you expect it or when you expect it, but God will come through…and it will be better than you imagine.
25.Shout out in every direction and in every way that you can what you know to be true. Awaken sleepers. Be directed seekers …recognize that the messages that we are getting are not crazy.
People who love God and who are seeking Him earnestly are getting the same message.
It is a sign.
Share what you Know.