And to add a Bible verse for today…this is special because my best friend and I were required to memorize it in Junior High when our basketball coach had enough of our bickering! Thank you, Coach Jeff Comer! It has stayed with me and I try to recall it to keep my mouth closed at times when the words that want to spring forth are not gracious!
“Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24
“A cheerful heart is good medicine” – Proverbs 17:22
Ok, Gang! Here’s your list of 88+ phrases that are like medicine for the soul. Thank you to all of you who replied so we all could be blessed by you! (A BONUS Smile is at the end thanks to Bill Pinciotti in Pittsburgh! The rest are in my probably mistaken understanding of alphabetical order. :-(l) )
1) A smile says it all!
2) Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound. Grace covers it ALL.
3) Beloved, I am with you.
4) Bless you.
5) Christ is Savior – For my husband to “profess that Christ is his savior”!
6) “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith”…
7-8) God bless you. (2 times)
9) God loves you, no matter what.
10) Good call.
11) Good Job!
12) Good Morning Sweet Hubby Dear!
13) Good Morning Sweet Wifey Dear!
14) Have a wonderful weekend — hearing that, after a long, tough week, makes the weekend more enjoyable.
15) Hearing my parents say “I’m proud of you!”
16) Hearing the little kids at school call me Mary Elizabeth’s mommy. Still brings tears to my eyes and blessings to God for his gift of love.
17) I am here for you.
18) I am with you!
19-20) I’m praying for you. (2 times)
21) I’m proud of you.
22) I’m so proud of you!
23) I’m sorry!
24) I Appreciate What You’ve Done!
25) I could never repay u for all u have done for me, thank u
26) I forgive, and close first is I love you.
27-32) I Forgive You! (6 times)
33) “I forgive you,” and knowing it will never be brought up again.
*34) “I forgive you” is the sweetest. But I also like “I’ve got your back” from Caden, and “You are my sunshine” or whatever you say, Daddy. (From my daughter, Cassidy)
35) I got your back.
36) I have been thinking so much about you lately and how much I miss you.
37-40) I love you!! (4 times)
41) I love you. – Although it must be said intentionally not just casually, if you can’t stop texting etc. long enough to look you straight in the eye as it is being said it doesn’t mean much.
*42) I love you. – So many implied meanings with those words. 🙂
43) I love you and always will.
*44) I love you, and the Lord be with you! – Bruce and I both say to each when one is leaving the other “I love you and the Lord be with you!” the other responds “And also with you!” I(Lynn) also love it when Bruce says to me ”You take such good care of me.”
45) I love you all the way to the moon and back.
46-47) I love you to the moon and back. (2 times)
48) I Love You with my heart and soul!
*49) I love your face.
*50) I praise God for hearing me when I call on him. And not only hearing me but answering my prayers and proving that he’s the same yesterday, today and forever.
51) I thank God for your love.
52) I want to hear all about it.
*53) I was thinking about you.
*54) “I will pray for you”…especially when you know that the person saying it really means it!!
55) I’ll be there for you.
56) It’s my pleasure.
57) Jesus loves me; this I know.
58-59) Jesus loves you! (2 times)
60) Jesus loves you/me – “I love you” is sweet but “Jesus loves you/me” is even better!
61) May God be praised!
*62) May you sleep well and wake up with a smile.
*63) MOM, Jesus Loves Me – My son was 5 or 6 years old and he was being very naughty. I sent him to his room he slammed the door, which made me even more upset. Like most mothers I had to get the last word, or so I thought. So I yelled up the stairs, “Steve, you’re so bad, no one is going to like you.” A second later he opened the door and shouted back “MOM, Jesus Loves Me” and slammed the door again. He is 35 now, but that incident never left me. It made my day. So when things get difficult I think of that little boy, and it fills me with joy. I hope it makes you smile.
*64) Mommy, can I snuggle with you?
65) “Pet names” that couples call each other, especially when they are first married.
66) Praise the Lord!
*67) “Silent” words – I am most affected by the “silent” words spoken through a touch, or a look on when words just can’t express what the heart is feeling. For those of us who has seen the movie “Passion of the Christ”, while it was difficult to watch, the scene that most got to me was when the actor who portrayed Christ was given the cross to carry…the look on his face when he was presented the cross welcomed the closure of His suffering, and the completion of His mission on earth…It just spoke Thank God! to me.
*68) Sweet Day Dreams.
70-71) Thank You! (2 times)
72) Thanks for all that you do and the great attitude with which you do it.
*73) That’s alright, no harm done.
*74) Welcome home, my son. # 1 – “Welcome home my son”… The phrase heard when you appear at Heaven’s Gate. Our life on Earth is a struggle day by day, and we do the best we can. But that moment when our life tasks are finished, we are rewarded with a place back home where followers of Christ belong. # 2 of course is “Go Vols”
*75) What’s mine is yours.
*76) You are a blessing to me.
*77) You are beautiful.
*78) You are loved.
79) You are one of the most genuine and kind-hearted persons I know.
*80) You are safe.
81) You are so sweet and thoughtful – 1. You are so sweet and thoughtful. 2. You are the love of my life. 3. I thank God for you everyday. 4. You complete me (I had to throw in a Jerry McGuire reference) :=)
82) You are the best grandma in the whole world.
83) “You’re in my prayers” when delivered with heartfelt love is up there with “I love you” said with true emotion. 84) Your foot is not broken! (Flo has had multiple breaks and surgeries on both feet in recent years.)
*85) Your sins have been forgiven.
86) Your smile (or laughter) melts my heart.
*87) Can’t get online this evening, but I wanted to respond to DOP….. I’m grateful anytime someone says they forgive me. But nothing compares with someone saying they love me. When someone tells me they forgive me, it is a response to an act, something I have done. Their responsibility to me can end – the door may shut. When they tell me they love me, the door remains open. There is a promise that they will love me today, tomorrow and always. I don’t remember exactly how you phrased it, but I think you asked what we want to hear more than anything…that would be my children telling me they love me, Taylor (my son, who was tragically killed when he was 5 almost 16 years ago) or my mom telling me they loved me one more time, and hopefully, at some point, someone God places in my life to tell me they love me.
88) Bonus smile – An old nun who was living in a convent next to a construction site noticed the coarse language of the workers and decided to spend some time with them to correct their ways. She decided she would take her lunch and sit with them, so she put her sandwich in a brown bag and walked over to the spot where the men were eating. Sporting a big smile, she walked up to the group and asked: “Any of you men know Jesus Christ?” They shook their heads and looked at each other, very confused. Then, one of the workers looked up into the steelworks and yelled out, “Anybody up there know Jesus Christ?” One of the steelworkers yelled back down, “Why?” The worker yelled back, “‘Cause his mom’s here with his lunch.”